Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Headaches can be debilitating, making it hard to focus or concentrate on your daily tasks. However, there is another option than living with them or taking pills and hoping the pain goes away. Instead of masking the pain with medication, you can tackle the root cause of your headaches with chiropractic care. Headache studies have shown that over 80% of headaches stem from the neck.
Chiropractic care for headaches has been shown to be effective and can even relieve migraines. If you have headaches, Thrive Chiropractic Group can help with a customized care plan.
Types of Headaches
Chiropractic care can help with many types of headaches, including:
- Migraines. Migraines are severe headaches. Sufferers may experience vision disturbances, nausea and sensitivity to light and sound along with pain. Migraines often do not always go away with traditional pain medication.
- Tension headaches. Often stemming from stress, these headaches cause dull pain all over the head.
- Cluster headaches. Cluster headaches occur in groups. A person with cluster headaches can get up to a few a day for days, weeks or months at a time. Then, they will remain pain-free until the next onset. The pain of cluster headaches is severe, usually with a sharp pain behind the eyes or on one side of the face.
- Allergy headaches. Sometimes called sinus headaches, these can occur around the sinus area and are often caused by a sinus infection or allergies.
- Hormone headaches. The hormonal changes women experience with pregnancy, menstruation or some birth control methods can cause headaches.
- Caffeine headaches. Caffeine withdrawal and having too many caffeinated drinks can affect blood flow to the brain and trigger headaches.
- Exertion headaches. Exertion headaches affect weekend warriors and others who overdo it physically. These throbbing headaches usually occur on both sides of the head.
- Hypertension headaches. This type of headache is a medical emergency. It is a throbbing, pulsing severe headache that occurs when your blood pressure is at unsafe levels.
- Rebound headaches. If you often take too much over-the-counter pain medication for your headaches, you may get more headaches.
- Post-traumatic headaches. If you have suffered a head injury, you may experience post-traumatic headaches for months or longer.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Headaches
Spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments can improve spinal function and alleviate the stress on your systems. Chiropractic care can also reduce tension in the neck area and improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which can decrease pain. Many headaches can also be related to posture. With technology becoming common in daily life, the amount of time we spend looking down dramatically affects the odds of having headaches.
Chiropractic care does not include just spinal manipulation, however. At Thrive Chiropractic Group, we care about your whole health. We examine you and consider your medical history so we can offer nutritional advice, exercise recommendations and posture guidance. We may be able to address bad habits or triggers for your headaches, allowing you to avoid pain.
Helping “Tech Neck” Improve
The average teenager spends 8 hours per day looking down at a device. Even adults are guilty, averaging 3+ hours per day. This chronic and constant looking down can lead to a serious syndrome dubbed “Tech Neck”. Over time, you can quite literally change the shape of your spine in very damaging ways. People often complain of neck stiffness, headaches, upper back and shoulder pain, and muscle spasms. Chiropractors are the doctors of choice for helping this serious issue. If left alone, Tech Neck can cause significant and unhealthy changes to happen to your spine and discs.
Contact Thrive Chiropractic Group to Start Relieving Your Headaches Today
We welcome the majority of major insurance companies. Our current network includes BlueCross/BlueShield, United Healthcare, Medicare, and other providers.
Don’t let headaches stop your day in its tracks. Thrive Chiropractic Group has more than 14 years of experience helping headache sufferers in Oklahoma finally get relief. Schedule an appointment at one of our three offices to learn how our chiropractic services can help you.