Chiropractic Care for Seniors
Many of our the seniors at our office were amazed that living in pain or with limited mobility did not have to be the case. Everyone deserves to live with less pain and better mobility. At Thrive Chiropractic Group, we practice high-quality geriatric chiropractic care to help you move with less discomfort.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Seniors
There are multiple benefits of chiropractic care for seniors:
- Pain relief: Chiropractic care for the elderly can relieve back pain, bone pain and pain in many parts of the body by addressing subluxations in the spine. Many seniors find they rely less on medication with chiropractic care because it addresses the root of the problem. Seeing a chiropractor can be especially useful for seniors who need help managing pain from osteoarthritis and other age-related conditions. With the average person over 65 years of age being on 6 daily medications, adding more medications for pain or injury increases the odds of a medical side effect.
- Natural treatment for discomfort and mobility issues: Seniors may be able to enjoy less pain without the side effects of medication when they turn to a chiropractor. Chiropractic care is a safe, effective treatment that does not interact with medication and can be used with other pain management solutions if desired.
- Increased quality of life: Chiropractic care can reduce pain and improve mobility, allowing seniors to stay more active and engage in activities that can improve quality of life.
- Lowered risk of falls: Chiropractic care can improve range of motion and stimulate receptors at the base of the spine, which can boost balance and coordination. Both of these factors can reduce the risk of falls for seniors. Chiropractic care can also enhance the communication between the brain and spine, potentially allowing for better mobility and lowered risk of falls.
- Help with chronic conditions: As you age, you can experience certain medical conditions. Chiropractic care can improve communication between the brain, spine and the rest of the body, which may benefit the immune system. Chronic conditions often cause pain or other symptoms, and chiropractic can be a pain management tool.
- Activities of daily living: Many of our seniors reported that they were having issues performing normal activities such as walking, climbing stairs, dressing themselves, driving their car, doing yard work, and many others. Chiropractic care has been shown to be effective in helping take back your ability to perform activities you used to take for granted.
What to Expect From Thrive Chiropractic
Thrive Chiropractic Group has more than 15 years of experience in the Oklahoma area. When you contact us, your first appointment includes an exam and a full patient history. During your consultation at our office, you can discuss any pain or conditions you’re seeking help for. We’ll perform x-rays if needed. The doctor will meet with you and you will schedule your next appointment.
By your second appointment, our team has analyzed your x-rays, patient history, goals and file. We’ll review your injury with you and discuss your needs. If it’s a case we can help, the chiropractor will immediately begin care to get you back to a healthier version of yourself. We will set up a time to go over your x-rays and findings and set up a customized care plan for reducing pain, enhancing mobility or both.
When we meet to review your exam, x-rays, and set up a customized plan of care, we start going over what is injured and what we need to do to fix it. Our trained chiropractors will explain every step of the process and support you during your appointment as they address your entire body and needs.
Find a Chiropractor for Seniors Near You in Oklahoma
If you’re a senior ready to enjoy more mobility and vibrant health, Thrive Chiropractic Group can help. Schedule an appointment at one of our three offices to discover what our services can do for you.